Welcome to Northern Pine ...
Time Zone: Northern Pine lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Northern Pine (for example, toward Cold Lake (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Northern Pine: (306) & (639)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Northern Pine: S0M<2>
Communities near Northern Pine ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Northern Pine.
- Cold Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pierceland
- Pierceland lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Northern Pine.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pierceland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pierceland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pierceland<4>
- Beacon Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beacon Hill
- Beacon Hill lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Northern Pine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beacon Hill
- Cherry Grove
- Beaver Crossing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Crossing
- Beaver Crossing lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Northern Pine.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Crossing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Crossing
- Cold Lake South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cold Lake South
- Cold Lake South lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Northern Pine.
- Former name for Cold Lake South:
- Grand Centre
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cold Lake South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Medley
- Medley lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the west of Northern Pine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Medley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverdam
- Beaverdam lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Northern Pine.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverdam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverdam
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whelan
- Whelan lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the south of Northern Pine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whelan
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Northern Pine ...
Looking for more information about Northern Pine? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Northern Pine, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Northern Pine.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Northern Pine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Northern Pine, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Northern Pine). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Northern Pine or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Northern Pine) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Northern Pine. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Northern PineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Northern Pine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4420, Longitude: -109.7096 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|