Welcome to Ardmore ...
When the people of Ardmore refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Ardmorite<1>
Ardmore is 1,800 feet [549 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Ardmore lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Ardmore (for example, toward Pierceland (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Ardmore: (780) & (587)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Ardmore: T0A<4>
Communities Also Named Ardmore ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 15 communities that are also named Ardmore - they are located in Alabama, British Columbia, California, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee and Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ardmore.
Communities near Ardmore ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ardmore.
- Cold Lake
- Fort Kent
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Kent
- Fort Kent lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the west of Ardmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Kent
- Pelican Narrows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pelican Narrows
- Pelican Narrows lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the west of Ardmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pelican Narrows came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pelican Narrows
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bonnyville Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonnyville Beach
- Bonnyville Beach lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the southwest of Ardmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bonnyville Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Medley
- Medley lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Ardmore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Medley
- Beaver Crossing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Crossing
- Beaver Crossing lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the east of Ardmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Crossing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Crossing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverdam
- Beaverdam lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Ardmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverdam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverdam
- Cold Lake South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cold Lake South
- Cold Lake South lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Ardmore
- Former name for Cold Lake South:
- Grand Centre
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cold Lake South
- La Corey
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Corey
- La Corey lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Ardmore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Corey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Corey
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ardmore ...
Looking for more information about Ardmore? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Ardmore, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ardmore.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ardmore. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Ardmore refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Ardmore may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ardmore - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ardmore). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ardmore or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ardmore) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ardmore. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArdmoreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ardmore. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.3330, Longitude: -110.4808 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|