A visit to the Milk River Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Milk River Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Milk River Cemetery (FAG ID #2206067)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Milk River Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Milk River Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Milk River Cemetery
Lat: 49.1438° (49° 8' 37")
Lon: -112.0659° (-112° 3' 57")
Location using the Alberta Township System:
Or the Northwest Quarter of Section 22, Township 002, Range 16, West of the 4th Meridian
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Milk River Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Milk River Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 6 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Milk River Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coutts
- Coutts lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Milk River Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coutts came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coutts
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coutts<4>
- Milk River
- New Dayton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Dayton
- New Dayton lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Milk River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Dayton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skiff
- Skiff lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Milk River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skiff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wrentham
- Wrentham lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the north of Milk River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wrentham
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 6 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Milk River Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Milk River Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2597601<1>
- Masinasin Cemetery
- New Dayton Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the New Dayton Community Cemetery
- New Dayton Community Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Milk River Cemetery.
- New Dayton Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- New Dayton Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Dayton Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2447795<1>
- Prairie Round Cemetery
- Warner Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Warner Cemetery
- Warner Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Milk River Cemetery.
- Warner Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Cemetery
- Warner Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warner Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2339666<1>
- Wrentham Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Milk River Cemetery:
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #2206067
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Milk River Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1438, Longitude: -112.0659 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|