A visit to the Manyberries Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Manyberries Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Manyberries Cemetery (FAG ID #2507742)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Manyberries Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Manyberries Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Manyberries Cemetery
Lat: 49.4070° (49° 24' 25")
Lon: -110.7018° (-110° 42' 6")
Location using the Alberta Township System:
' . SE-26-005-06-W4 . ' (' . Quarter-Section-Township-Range-Meridian . ')
Or the Southeast Quarter of Section 26, Township 005, Range 06, West of the 4th Meridian
Establishment of the Manyberries Cemetery ...
The Manyberries Cemetery was established in 1918.
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Manyberries Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Manyberries Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 6 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Manyberries Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkwater
- Elkwater lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Manyberries Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elkwater<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manyberries came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manyberries
- Manyberries lies less than 2 miles<2> to the south of Manyberries Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manyberries
- Nemiskam - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nemiskam
- Nemiskam was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the west of Manyberries Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Onefour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onefour
- Onefour lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Manyberries Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onefour
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Onefour<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Manyberries Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 7 cemeteries that are within 30 miles [48.3 km] of the Manyberries Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
- Fertile Plains Cemetery lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Manyberries Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fertile Plains Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fertile Plains Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery
- Nemiskam Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Nemiskam Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Nemiskam Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the west of Manyberries Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nemiskam Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nemiskam Cemetery
- Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Seven Persons Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
While our initial data for the Manyberries Cemetery came from goverment sources, we have also found mention of the Manyberries Cemetery elsewhere. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we continue our research. We've created the following list to keep track of the sources we found useful in our research about the Manyberries Cemetery.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: FAG ID #2507742
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Manyberries Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4070, Longitude: -110.7018
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|