A visit to the Comrey Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Comrey Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Comrey Cemetery (FAG ID #2510220)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Comrey Cemetery ...
The Comrey Cemetery is located 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Manyberries.
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Comrey Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Comrey Cemetery
Lat: 49.1204° (49° 7' 13")
Lon: -110.7175° (-110° 43' 3")
Location using the Alberta Township System:
' . SW-14-002-06-W4 . ' (' . Quarter-Section-Township-Range-Meridian . ')
Or the Southwest Quarter of Section 14, Township 002, Range 06, West of the 4th Meridian
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Comrey Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 6 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Comrey Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aden
- Aden lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Comrey Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manyberries
- Manyberries lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Comrey Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manyberries
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onefour
- Onefour lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Comrey Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Onefour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onefour
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Onefour<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Comrey Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
- Pakowki - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pakowki
- Pakowki was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Comrey Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pakowki. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Wild Horse
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wild Horse
- Wild Horse lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Comrey Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wild Horse
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Comrey Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- The Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Manyberries.More accurately, Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the north of Comrey Cemetery.
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Finnish Little Knoll Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548173<1>
- Manyberries Cemetery
- New Home Cemetery
- Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- The Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery is located 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Manyberries.More accurately, Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km] to the northwest of Comrey Cemetery.
- Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery has also been known as:
- Jensen Cemetery
- Pleasant Plain Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2469428<1>
- Pleasant View Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Comrey Cemetery:
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #2510220
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Comrey Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1204, Longitude: -110.7175 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|