Communities Also Named Cadogan ...
We found one communities that share the name Cadogan.
Within Alberta, the name Cadogan is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Cadogan in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Armstrong County
- This Cadogan is located in Armstrong County and lies 1,651 miles [2,657 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Cadogan
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Armstrong County community of Cadogan.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cadogan ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cactus Lake
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the southeast)
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the southwest)
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cosine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosine
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Cosine
(18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Czar
(34 miles [54.7 km] to the east)
(24 miles [38.6 km] to the south)
(26 miles [41.8 km] to the east)
(35 miles [56.3 km] to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Veteran
How Far From Cadogan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cadogan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Cadogan and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 153 miles [246.2 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Cadogan to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,630 miles [2,623.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,263 miles [10,079.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,031 miles [11,315.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,085 miles [8,183.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cadogan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cadogan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cadogan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CadoganOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cadogan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3187, Longitude: -110.4475 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cadogan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.361 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.86 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.365 degrees.||