Communities Also Named Botha ...
We have found one communities that share the name Botha.
Within Alberta, the name Botha is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Botha in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Fauquier County
- This Botha is located in Fauquier County and lies 1,902 miles [3,061 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botha
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Fauquier County community of Botha.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Botha ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Botha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Byemoor (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Botha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Forestburg (27 miles [43.5 km] to the northeast)
- Galahad (28 miles [45.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Botha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Hartshorn (27 miles [43.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the south of Botha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Leo (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Botha
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Meeting Creek (27 miles [43.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Botha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Mirror (27 miles [43.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Botha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Red Willow (10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Botha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
How Far From Botha to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Botha to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Botha and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 94 miles [151.3 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Botha to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,718 miles [2,764.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,305 miles [10,146.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,072 miles [11,381.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,142 miles [8,275.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Botha
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Botha. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Botha) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Botha. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BothaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Botha. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3075, Longitude: -112.5243 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Botha to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.024 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.745 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.733 degrees.||