Around Black Diamond ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Calgary. It is located about 27 miles [43 km] to the north of Black Diamond.
The next largest community is Okotoks.
It is located about 11 miles [ km] to the east of Black Diamond
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Black Diamond.<2>
- Academy (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Academy
- Academy lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Black Diamond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Academy
- Acadia (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acadia
- Acadia lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the north of Black Diamond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acadia
- Aldersyde (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldersyde
- Aldersyde lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Black Diamond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aldersyde came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aldersyde
- De Winton (13 miles [20.9 km] to the northeast)
- Deer Ridge (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Ridge
- Deer Ridge lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Black Diamond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Ridge
- Deer Run (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Run
- Deer Run lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Black Diamond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Run
- Douglas Glen (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Douglas Glen
- Douglas Glen lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Black Diamond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Douglas Glen
- High River (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast)
- Longview (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Longview
- Longview lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Black Diamond
- Former names for Longview:
- Little Chicago
- New York
- Little New York
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Longview<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Midnapore (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midnapore
- Midnapore lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Black Diamond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midnapore
- Millarville (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest)
- Okotoks (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Priddis (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Turner Valley (2 miles [3.2 km] to the west)
- Two Guns (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Guns
- Two Guns lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Black Diamond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Guns
Curious and Interesting Names Near Black Diamond ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Black Diamond.
Airports Near Black Diamond ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Black Diamond and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Black Diamond.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Black Diamond ...
Looking for more information about Black Diamond? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Black Diamond. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Black Diamond, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Black Diamond.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Black Diamond
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Black Diamond: www.town.blackdiamond.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Black Diamond were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Black Diamond) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Black Diamond. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Black DiamondOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Black Diamond. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6860, Longitude: -114.2347 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Black Diamond), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|