Curious and Interesting Names Near Bever Mines ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Mines
(Less than 2 miles to the southwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines <2>
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest)
- Crowsnest Pass
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass <2>
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Frank
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the north)
- Pincher Creek
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Pincher Station
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the northeast)
- Twin Butte
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte <2>
How Far From Bever Mines to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bever Mines to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<3> beginning in Bever Mines and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 283 miles [455.4 km]<3> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Bever Mines to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,798 miles [2,893.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,513 miles [10,481.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,281 miles [11,717.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,341 miles [8,595.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bever Mines. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bever Mines) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bever Mines. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bever MinesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bever Mines. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4599, Longitude: -114.1922 |
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bever Mines to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.303 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.969 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.266 degrees.||