Curious and Interesting Names Near Berkinshaw ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies less than 2 miles<1> to the northwest of Berkinshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Berkinshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of Berkinshaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Berkinshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west of Berkinshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Throne
- Throne lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Berkinshaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Throne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Throne
How Far From Berkinshaw to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Berkinshaw to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Berkinshaw and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 106 miles [170.6 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Berkinshaw to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,686 miles [2,713.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,282 miles [10,109.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,050 miles [11,345.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,115 miles [8,231.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Berkinshaw. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Berkinshaw) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Berkinshaw. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BerkinshawOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Berkinshaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4267, Longitude: -111.7562 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Berkinshaw to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.408 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.057 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.205 degrees.||