Communities Also Named Battle River ...
We have found two communities that share the name Battle River.
Within Alberta, the name Battle River is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Beltrami County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Minnesota community of Battle River [Beltrami County].
- This Battle River lies 145 miles [233.4 km]<2> to the east northeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle River
Curious and Interesting Names Near Battle River ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Throne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Throne
- Throne lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Battle River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Throne
How Far From Battle River to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Battle River to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Battle River and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 112 miles [180.2 km]<2> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Battle River to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,693 miles [2,724.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,298 miles [10,135.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,066 miles [11,371.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,130 miles [8,255.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Battle River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Battle River could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Battle River) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Battle River. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Battle River
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Battle River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2314, Longitude: -111.9336
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Battle River to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.549 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.20 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.358 degrees.||