Curious and Interesting Names Near Battle Bend ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Battle Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Battle Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the east of Battle Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Battle Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Battle Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Throne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Throne
- Throne lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Battle Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Throne
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Battle Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Battle Bend to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Battle Bend to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Battle Bend and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 115 miles [185.1 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Battle Bend to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,672 miles [2,690.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,276 miles [10,100.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,044 miles [11,336.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,106 miles [8,217.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Battle Bend. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Battle Bend) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Battle Bend. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Battle Bend
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Battle Bend. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4341, Longitude: -111.4443
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Battle Bend to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.158 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.775 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.999 degrees.||