Communities Also Named Ardley ...
We have found two communities that share the name Ardley.
Within Alberta, the name Ardley is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Palm Beach County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Florida community of Ardley [Palm Beach County].
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Ontario community of Ardley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Ardley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Ardley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<4>
- Gull Lake (32 miles [51.5 km] to the northwest)
- Meeting Creek (35 miles [56.3 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Ardley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Mirror (15 miles [24.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Ardley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Red Deer (24 miles [38.6 km] to the west)
- Red Willow (30 miles [48.3 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Ardley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Rosedale Valley (26 miles [41.8 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Ardley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
- Springbrook (27 miles [43.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Ardley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
How Far From Ardley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Ardley to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Ardley and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 89 miles [143.2 km]<2> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Ardley to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,748 miles [2,813.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,321 miles [10,172.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,088 miles [11,407 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,164 miles [8,310.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Ardley
Mentions & References for Ardley
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ardley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Ardley could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ardley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ardley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArdleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ardley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2605, Longitude: -113.2326 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Ardley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.593 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.388 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.209 degrees.||