So far, we have found very little information about Anthracite. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Anthracite to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Anthracite, please Contact Us.
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Anthracite, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Anthracite - within 33 miles [53.1 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 9 communities listed:
- Castle Junction
- Dead Man's Flats
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Exshaw
- Exshaw lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Anthracite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Exshaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Exshaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Exshaw<3>
- Harvie Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harvie Heights
- Harvie Heights lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Anthracite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harvie Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harvie Heights
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harvie Heights<3>
- Lake Louise
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morley
- Morley lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Anthracite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Morley<3>
- Continue List ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seebe
- Seebe lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Anthracite
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seebe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seebe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Seebe<3>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Anthracite, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anthracite) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Anthracite. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AnthraciteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anthracite. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1991, Longitude: -115.4920 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|