Around Ankerton ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Camrose. It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the northwest of Ankerton.
The next largest community is Wetaskiwin.
It is located about 46 miles [ km] to the west of Ankerton
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Ankerton.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bawlf
- Bawlf lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edberg
- Edberg lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edberg
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heisler
- Heisler lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heisler
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelsey
- Kelsey lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelsey
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ohaton
- Ohaton lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ohaton
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosalind
- Rosalind lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosalind
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strome
- Strome lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Ankerton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strome
Curious and Interesting Names Near Ankerton ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ankerton.
Airports Near Ankerton ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Ankerton and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Ankerton.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ankerton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Ankerton were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ankerton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ankerton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ankerton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ankerton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7280, Longitude: -112.3263
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ankerton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|