Communities Also Named Airdrie ...
We found one communities that share the name Airdrie.
Within Alberta, the name Airdrie is unique.
While we haven't found any other communities named Airdrie in either the United States or Canada, we know of another community located outside of the United States and Canada.
- Communities Beyond North America ...
- Distance: 4,024 miles [6,476 km]<1> to the northeast
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Airdrie
Curious and Interesting Names Near Airdrie ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Balzac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Balzac
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Balzac
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Balzac <3>
- Coral Springs
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the northwest)
- Forest Lawn
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forest Lawn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Lawn
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Forest Lawn
- Heritage Woods
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Janet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Janet
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Janet
- Signal Hill
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the south)
- Valley Ridge
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Vista Heights
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
How Far From Airdrie to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a city such as Airdrie to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Airdrie and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 157 miles [252.7 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Airdrie to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,781 miles [2,866.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,396 miles [10,293.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,163 miles [11,527.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,237 miles [8,428.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Airdrie: www.airdrie.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Airdrie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Airdrie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AirdrieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Airdrie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2875, Longitude: -114.0007 |
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Airdrie to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.197 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.994 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.874 degrees.||