Communities Also Named Abee ...
We have found one communities that share the name Abee.
Within Alberta, the name Abee is unique.
While we haven't found any other communities named Abee in either the United States or Canada, we know of another community located outside of the United States and Canada.
- Communities Beyond North America ...
- Distance: 4,371 miles [7,034.4 km]<1> to the northeast
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee
Curious and Interesting Names Near Abee ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the west of Abee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deerland
- Deerland lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the south of Abee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deerland
- Hollow Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hollow Lake
- Hollow Lake lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the east of Abee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollow Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest of Abee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Smoky Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sprucefield
- Sprucefield lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the southeast of Abee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sprucefield
- Weasel Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weasel Creek
- Weasel Creek lies 5 miles [8 km] to the southeast of Abee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weasel Creek
How Far From Abee to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Abee to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Abee and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 51 miles [82.1 km] to the south southwest (SSW). If you could walk a straight line from Abee to Edmonton, with an average speed<2> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of two days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,745 miles [2,808.3 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,195 miles [9,969.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,961 miles [11,202.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,052 miles [8,130.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Abee. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Abee) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Abee. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Abee
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Abee. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.2389, Longitude: -113.0232
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Abee to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.434 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.374 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.712 degrees.||