We have been working on our Gazetteer for a long time and while we have collected a lot of information, much of the detail is still missing. Keep in mind that whenever we find the mention of a community, we simply add it to our list so that we can go back and do further research. While this has proven a good way of finding communities, it has created more questions than answers. If you can, we would appreciate your help in answering these accumulating questions.
Where appropriate, please include the GPS coordinates. The easiest way to find the latitude and longitude is to visit our Interactive Map for Morrison Crossroad.
We usually switch the map to 'Satellite' mode and zoom-in as needed. You can then move the Map Marker to the desired location (you'll see a cross-hair as you move the Marker). When you release the Marker, the Latitude/Longitude for the Marker will be found just below the map and to the right. Just copy/paste those numbers into your note.
The first point that we would like to make is that our data contains errors. Some of the errors result from our methodologies and others occur while entering our findings. That said, the majority of the errors come from our reference documents, even documents that should be definitive. The problem is identifying the errors. As you read through our pages about Morrison Crossroad and find errors, please let us know - we want to be accurate.
The last point that we want to make is that we do our updates in blocks and with over 160,000 communities in our Gazetteer, it can be months between updates. We just wanted to warn you that if you sent us a note today, it may be days or months before the correction actually appears on our Gazetteer. While this seems to be a long time, please remember that it's just my wife and myself doing the work.
Our Wishlist For Morrison Crossroad ...
In the case of Morrison Crossroad, we are searching for the following information.
- We don't have any estimates of current or past population information for Morrison Crossroad. If you have it, we need the year with the estimated population (ie- 1870: 20 people; 1880: 68 people; etc).
- How do the people of Morrison Crossroad refer to themselves (also known as a Denomyn)?<1> For example, a person from Alabama is called a Alabamian. In the same way, how would a resident of Morrison Crossroad be called?
- Do you know when the community was founded or settled?
- What is the story behind the name of Morrison Crossroad (also known as a Toponym)?
- Many communities are founded with one name and then eventually change to something else. Do you know any of these previous names, the approximate date and the reason for the change? If there was more than one name change, do you know those names and the order in which they occurred?
- Are there alternate names for Morrison Crossroad, variations in the spelling, etc?
- Are there nicknames, slogans or sobriquets for Morrison Crossroad? For example, Morrison Crossroad might declare itself to be The Happiest Place in Randolph County.
- Do we have the correct time zone for Morrison Crossroad?
- Do you know the area code(s) for Morrison Crossroad?
- Do you know the ZIP code(s) for Morrison Crossroad?
- Do you know if there is an official website for Morrison Crossroad?
- Is there a Chamber of Commerce website for Morrison Crossroad?
- If there is a Community Association, does it have a website?
- Is there a Junior League website?
- Do you know of any awards or recognitions given to Morrison Crossroad? Examples include: All American City, Tree City USA, Sustainability Awards, etc. If you know the month and year when it was awarded, please include that as well.
- We are looking for descriptions from old books (1800s thru early 1900s), such as Gazetteers and Shipping Guides, that describe Morrison Crossroad. If you have such a description, please send it to us with the name and year of the book that it came from. If available, please include the author and publisher of the book.
- We've created a list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Morrison Crossroad. Have we missed any? The list can be found on our page for Communities Neighboring Morrison Crossroad in the 1890's.
- Are there cemeteries in the area? Whether they are large or small, famous or forgotten, we would appreciate it if you would send us their name and GPS coordinates (the latitude/longitude). Even if you don't know the name of a cemetery, please send its coordinates - somebody, someplace, may know its name.
If you're interested, we have a list of nearby cemeteries which are relatively close to Morrison Crossroad and you can find this list on our Cemetery List for Morrison Crossroad.
In closing, thank you for any help you can provide. While it might take time for everything to appear on our website, it will make it eventually.