Around Holt ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Saint George. It is located about 33 miles [53 km] to the south of where Holt would have been located. Saint George has a population of 89,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Cedar City.
It is located about 32 miles [ km] to the east of Holt and has a population of 34,800 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Holt.<2>
- Beryl Junction [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beryl Junction
- Beryl Junction [Iron County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Holt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beryl Junction
- Beryl [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beryl
- Beryl [Iron County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Holt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beryl
- Brookside [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brookside
- Brookside [Washington County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Holt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookside
- Central [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central
- Central [Washington County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Holt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central
- Dammeron Valley [Washington County]
- Enterprise [Washington County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Gunlock [Washington County]
- Kanarraville [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kanarraville
- Kanarraville [Iron County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the east of Holt
- Estimated population in 2019: 407 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kanarraville have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kanarraville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kanarraville<3>
- Modena [Iron County]
- New Harmony [Washington County]
- Newcastle [Iron County]
- Old Irontown [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Old Irontown
- Old Irontown [Iron County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Holt
- Old Irontown has also been known as:
- Iron City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Irontown
- Pine Valley [Washington County]
- Pinto [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinto
- Pinto [Washington County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Holt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinto
- Veyo [Washington County]
For more communities neighboring Holt, please visit our County-by-County Page for Holt.
Washington County ...
Holt would have been located within present day Washington County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Washington County: Mohave (AZ), Lincoln (NV), Iron & Kane.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Holt ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Holt.
Airports Near Holt ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Holt and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Holt.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Utah:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Utah
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Washington County: www.washco.state.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Holt.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Holt) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Holt. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Holt
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Holt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5866, Longitude: -113.6404
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Washington, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Holt), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|