Welcome to Kanarraville ...
The town of Kanarraville is located in Iron County<1>.
The location of Kanarraville has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Kanarraville has a population of 407 people<3> (see below for details).
Kanarraville was established in 1861.
The community of Kanarraville is 5,560 feet [1,695 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Kanarraville is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Kanarraville lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Kanarraville, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Kanarraville is located in the (435) area code.
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Kanarraville had an population of 407 people. This is an increase of 14.65% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 30.87% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Kanarraville had a population of 355 people. This makes Kanarraville the county's 5th most populous community.
The population of Kanarraville represents 0.01% of the total population of Utah (which has 2,763,885 people), making it the state's 200th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 355 people, the population of Kanarraville increased 14.15% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 311 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Kanarraville.
Communities near Kanarraville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kanarraville.
- Cedar City [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar City
- Cedar City [Iron County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Kanarraville
- Estimated population in 2019: 34,764 people
- Former name for Cedar City:
- Little Muddy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cedar City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cedar City<6>
- Enoch [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enoch
- Enoch [Iron County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Kanarraville
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,180 people
- Former name for Enoch:
- Johnson Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enoch
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Enoch<6>
- New Harmony [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Harmony
- New Harmony [Washington County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southwest of Kanarraville
- Estimated population in 2019: 234 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Harmony
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for New Harmony<6>
- Cedar Highlands [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar Highlands
- Cedar Highlands [Iron County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Kanarraville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cedar Highlands
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Fort Harmony [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Harmony
- Fort Harmony [Washington County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the southwest of Kanarraville
- Hamiltons Fort [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hamiltons Fort
- Hamiltons Fort [Iron County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the north of Kanarraville
- Former names for Hamiltons Fort:
- Fort Hamblin
- Fort Sidon
- Fort Walker
- Shirts Creek
- Hamiltons Fort has also been known as:
- Hamilton Fort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamiltons Fort
- Blue Springs [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Springs
- Blue Springs [Washington County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Kanarraville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Springs
- Little Pinto [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Pinto
- Little Pinto [Iron County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the west of Kanarraville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Little Pinto. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Little Pinto has also been known as:
- Page Ranch
- Old Irontown [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Old Irontown
- Old Irontown [Iron County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the west of Kanarraville
- Old Irontown has also been known as:
- Iron City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Irontown
- Anderson Junction [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anderson Junction
- Anderson Junction [Washington County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the south of Kanarraville
- Former names for Anderson Junction:
- Anderson's Ranch
- McPhersons Flat
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anderson Junction
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Kanarraville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Kanarraville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Kanarraville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kanarraville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Kanarraville. See our Newspapers Page for Kanarraville.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kanarraville ...
Looking for more information about Kanarraville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Kanarraville, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Kanarraville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Iron County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kanarraville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Iron County: www.ironnet.org/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Iron, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Kanarraville.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Kanarraville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kanarraville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kanarraville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kanarraville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kanarraville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5377, Longitude: -113.1810 In this case, the coordinates for Kanarraville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|