Welcome to Gunlock ...
Gunlock is located in Washington County<1>.
Gunlock was established in 1857.
Gunlock is 3,650 feet [1,113 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Gunlock is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Gunlock lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Gunlock and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Gunlock lies within the (435) area code.
The ZIP code for Gunlock: 84733<3>
Communities Also Named Gunlock ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Gunlock - it's located in Kentucky.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Gunlock.
Communities near Gunlock ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Gunlock.
- Saint George [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint George
- Saint George [Washington County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Gunlock
- Estimated population in 2019: 89,587 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint George
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint George<5>
- Washington [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Washington
- Washington [Washington County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Gunlock
- Estimated population in 2019: 29,174 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Washington<5>
- Ivins [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ivins
- Ivins [Washington County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Gunlock
- Estimated population in 2019: 9,192 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ivins
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ivins<5>
- Santa Clara [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Santa Clara
- Santa Clara [Washington County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Gunlock
- Estimated population in 2019: 8,417 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Santa Clara
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Santa Clara<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Enterprise [Washington County]
- Dammeron Valley [Washington County]
- Veyo [Washington County]
- Shem [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shem
- Shem [Washington County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Gunlock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shem have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Brookside [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brookside
- Brookside [Washington County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Gunlock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookside
- Shivwits [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shivwits
- Shivwits [Washington County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the south of Gunlock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shivwits
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Gunlock. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Gunlock.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Gunlock. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Gunlock.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Gunlock. See our Newspapers Page for Gunlock.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Gunlock ...
Looking for more information about Gunlock? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Gunlock, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Gunlock.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Utah
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gunlock. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Washington County: www.washco.state.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Washington, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Gunlock - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Gunlock). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Gunlock or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gunlock) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gunlock. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gunlock
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gunlock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.2871, Longitude: -113.7621
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|