Welcome to Echo City ...
So far, we have found very little information about Echo City. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Echo City to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Echo City, please Contact Us.
Echo City would have been located within present day Summit County<2>.
Time Zone: The area where Echo City was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Echo City once stood is in the (435) area code.
Communities near Echo City ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Echo City.
- Morgan [Morgan County]
- Oakley [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakley
- Oakley [Summit County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Echo City
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,740 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakley<4>
- Coalville [Summit County]
- Henefer [Summit County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Peterson [Morgan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peterson
- Peterson [Morgan County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Echo City
- Former name for Peterson:
- Weber City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peterson
- Rockport [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockport
- Rockport [Summit County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the south of Echo City
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Rockport. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Former names for Rockport:
- Enoch City
- Rock Fort
- Grass Creek [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grass Creek
- Grass Creek [Summit County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Echo City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grass Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Croydon [Morgan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Croydon
- Croydon [Morgan County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Echo City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Croydon
- Hoytsville [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoytsville
- Hoytsville [Summit County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Echo City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoytsville
- Devils Slide [Morgan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Devils Slide
- Devils Slide [Morgan County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Echo City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Devils Slide have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Echo City. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Echo City.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Echo City. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Echo City.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Echo City. See our Newspapers Page for Echo City.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Utah
About Summit County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Summit County: www.co.summit.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Echo City, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Summit, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Echo City) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Echo City. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Echo City
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Echo City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.9753, Longitude: -111.4421
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|