Welcome to Hoytsville ...
Hoytsville is located in Summit County<1>.
Hoytsville was established in 1859.
Hoytsville is 5,760 feet [1,756 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Hoytsville is about 1 mile [or 1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Hoytsville lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Hoytsville is located in the (435) area code.
The ZIP code for Hoytsville: 84017<3>
Adding Hoytsville to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
We originally found mention of Hoytsville in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, we also found mention of Hoytsville elsewhere: The earliest book where we found it mentioned was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Hoytsville on a .
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hoytsville on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Hoytsville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hoytsville.
- Park City [Summit County]
- Morgan [Morgan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morgan
- Morgan [Morgan County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Hoytsville
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,273 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morgan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Morgan<5>
- Kamas [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kamas
- Kamas [Summit County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Hoytsville
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,276 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kamas have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kamas
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kamas<5>
- Oakley [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakley
- Oakley [Summit County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the south of Hoytsville
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,740 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakley<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Coalville [Summit County]
- Francis [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Francis
- Francis [Summit County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Hoytsville
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,574 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Francis have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Francis
- Hideout [Wasatch County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hideout
- Hideout [Wasatch County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Hoytsville
- Estimated population in 2019: 998 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hideout have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hideout
- Henefer [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Henefer
- Henefer [Summit County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Hoytsville
- Estimated population in 2019: 979 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Henefer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Henefer<5>
- Rockport [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockport
- Rockport [Summit County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the south of Hoytsville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Rockport. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Former names for Rockport:
- Enoch City
- Rock Fort
- Wanship [Summit County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Hoytsville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Hoytsville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Hoytsville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hoytsville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Hoytsville. See our Newspapers Page for Hoytsville.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hoytsville ...
Looking for more information about Hoytsville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hoytsville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hoytsville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Summit County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hoytsville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Summit County: www.co.summit.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Summit, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hoytsville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hoytsville). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Hoytsville or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hoytsville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hoytsville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hoytsville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hoytsville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.8743, Longitude: -111.3806
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|