Welcome to Henefer ...
The town of Henefer is located in Summit County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Henefer has a population of 981 people<2> (see below for details).
Henefer was established in 1853.
The community of Henefer is 5,320 feet [1,622 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Henefer is 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Henefer lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Henefer: (435)
The ZIP code for Henefer: 84033<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Henefer had an population of 981 people. This is an increase of 28.07% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 43.42% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Henefer had a population of 766 people. This makes Henefer the county's 6th most populous community.
The population of Henefer represents 0.03% of the total population of Utah (which has 2,763,885 people), making it the state's 157th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 766 people, the population of Henefer increased 11.99% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 684 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Henefer.
Communities near Henefer ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Henefer.
- Morgan [Morgan County]
- Coalville [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalville
- Coalville [Summit County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Henefer
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,601 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coalville<6>
- Peterson [Morgan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peterson
- Peterson [Morgan County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Henefer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peterson
- Rockport [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockport
- Rockport [Summit County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the south of Henefer
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Rockport. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Former names for Rockport:
- Enoch City
- Rock Fort
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Echo City [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Echo City
- Echo City [Summit County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the southeast of Henefer
- Como Springs [Morgan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Como Springs
- Como Springs [Morgan County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the west of Henefer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Como Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Como Springs
- Grass Creek [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grass Creek
- Grass Creek [Summit County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the east of Henefer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grass Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Porterville [Morgan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Porterville
- Porterville [Morgan County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the west of Henefer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Porterville
- Emory [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Emory
- Emory [Summit County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the east of Henefer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Emory have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Emory
- Richville [Morgan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richville
- Richville [Morgan County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the west of Henefer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richville
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Henefer. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Henefer.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Henefer. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Henefer.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Henefer. See our Newspapers Page for Henefer.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Henefer ...
Looking for more information about Henefer? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Henefer, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Henefer.
Adding Henefer to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Henefer in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Henefer was on a map (with an unknown title) dated 1890.
We also found Henefer in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Henefer on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Utah
About Summit County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Henefer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Summit County: www.co.summit.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Summit, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Henefer.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Henefer - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Henefer). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Henefer or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Henefer) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Henefer. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HeneferOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Henefer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.0170, Longitude: -111.4984 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|