Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Castle Valley, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Castle Valley and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Castle Valley:
- 38.633834, -109.397540
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Castle Valley
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Castle Valley ...
We have found one communities that share the name Castle Valley.
Within Utah, the name Castle Valley is unique.
Beyond Utah, there is another community also named Castle Valley in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Bucks County
- This Castle Valley is located in Bucks County and lies 1,817 miles [2,924.2 km]<1> to the east northeast of the Castle Valley that is located in Grand County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Valley
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Bucks County community of Castle Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Castle Valley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Agate [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Agate
- Agate [Grand County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Castle Valley
- Basin [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Basin
- Basin [Grand County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Castle Valley
- Dewey [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewey
- Dewey [Grand County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Castle Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dewey have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former name for Dewey:
- Elba [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elba
- Elba [Grand County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the north of Castle Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elba have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elba
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Paradox [Montrose County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradox
- Paradox [Montrose County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Castle Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradox have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradox
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paradox<3>
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spanish Valley
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Castle Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spanish Valley
- Valley City [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valley City
- Valley City [Grand County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Castle Valley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Valley City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Vista [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vista
- Vista [Grand County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Castle Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vista have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vista
How Far From Castle Valley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Castle Valley to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Castle Valley and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Moab, which is the Seat of Grand County and lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the west southwest. If you could walk a straight line from Castle Valley to Moab, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take a little over three hours.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 198 miles [318.7 km] to the northwest (NW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 8 days and walking would take 12 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,733 miles [2,789 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,062 miles [11,365.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,828 miles [12,597.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,777 miles [9,297.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Utah
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Castle Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Castle Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Castle Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Castle Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Castle Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.6338, Longitude: -109.3975 In this case, the coordinates for Castle Valley have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Castle Valley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.764 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.74 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.50 degrees.||