Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Bull Valley, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Bull Valley and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Bull Valley:
- 37.423093, -113.803176
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Bull Valley
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Bull Valley ...
We have found one communities that share the name Bull Valley.
Within Utah, the name Bull Valley is unique.
Beyond Utah, there is another community also named Bull Valley in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- McHenry County
- This Bull Valley is located in McHenry County and lies 1,385 miles [2,228.9 km]<1> to the east northeast of the Bull Valley that is located in Washington County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bull Valley
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the McHenry County community of Bull Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bull Valley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Brown [Lincoln County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brown
- Brown [Lincoln County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Bull Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brown have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Central [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central
- Central [Washington County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the east of Bull Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central
- Enterprise [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enterprise
- Enterprise [Washington County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Bull Valley
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,890 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enterprise
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Enterprise<3>
- Gunlock [Washington County]
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Hebron [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hebron
- Hebron [Washington County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Bull Valley
- Former name for Hebron:
- Shoal Creek
- Little Pinto [Iron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Pinto
- Little Pinto [Iron County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of Bull Valley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Little Pinto. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Little Pinto has also been known as:
- Page Ranch
- Mountain Meadows [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Meadows
- Mountain Meadows [Washington County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Bull Valley
- Old Irontown [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Old Irontown
- Old Irontown [Iron County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Bull Valley
- Old Irontown has also been known as:
- Iron City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Irontown
- Shivwits [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shivwits
- Shivwits [Washington County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Bull Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shivwits
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Bull Valley. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
How Far From Bull Valley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bull Valley to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<6> community of Bull Valley once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Bull Valley and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Saint George, which is the Seat of Washington County and lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the south southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Bull Valley to Saint George, with an average speed<7> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just about two full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 252 miles [405.6 km] to the north northeast (NNE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take four to five hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 15 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,985 miles [3,194.5 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 113 days.
- The shortest distance<8> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,250 miles [11,667.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,018 miles [12,903.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,991 miles [9,641.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<11>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Utah
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Washington County: www.washco.state.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bull Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bull Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bull Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bull Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.4231, Longitude: -113.8032
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Bull Valley, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<7>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<8>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bull Valley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.078 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.577 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.049 degrees.||