Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Bridgeland, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Bridgeland and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Bridgeland:
- 40.163015, -110.234320
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Bridgeland
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bridgeland ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bluebell [Duchesne County]
- Cedarview [Duchesne County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedarview
- Cedarview [Duchesne County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Bridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cedarview have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Gusher [Uintah County]
- Harper [Carbon County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harper
- Harper [Carbon County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the south of Bridgeland
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Harper. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Former names for Harper:
- Minnie Maud
- Nine Mile
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Independence [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Independence
- Independence [Uintah County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Bridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Independence have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Monarch [Duchesne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monarch
- Monarch [Duchesne County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Bridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Monarch have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monarch
- Moon Lake Resort [Duchesne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moon Lake Resort
- Moon Lake Resort [Duchesne County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Bridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moon Lake Resort have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moon Lake Resort
- Mountain Home [Duchesne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Home
- Mountain Home [Duchesne County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Bridgeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mountain Home have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Home
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mountain Home<2>
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Bridgeland. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Laraine Day (Actress)
- Actress. She was born in Roosevelt (Utah) on Wednesday October 13, 1920 and died in Ivins (Utah) on Saturday November 10, 2007 at the age of 87. She is buried at Hollywood Hills Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Los Angeles County, California).
- Roosevelt is located 16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast of Bridgeland.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Laraine Day<5>
How Far From Bridgeland to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bridgeland to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bridgeland and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Duchesne, which is the Seat of Duchesne County and lies just to the West.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 96 miles [154.5 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Bridgeland to Salt Lake City, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,759 miles [2,830.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,993 miles [11,254.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,760 miles [12,488.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,724 miles [9,211.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Utah
About Duchesne County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bridgeland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Duchesne County: www.duchesnegov.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bridgeland) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bridgeland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.1630, Longitude: -110.2343 In this case, the coordinates for Bridgeland have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bridgeland to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.57 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.835 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.858 degrees.||