Welcome to Gusher ...
Gusher is located in Uintah County<1>.
We don't have a date for the establishment of Gusher.
The community of Gusher was previously named Moffat. Going back to its beginning, Gusher was originally named Sober City. For more information about the names of Gusher, see The Names of Gusher on our Genealogy Page.
Gusher is 5,060 feet [1,542 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Gusher is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Gusher lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Gusher lies within the (435) area code.
The ZIP code for Gusher: 84026<3>
Communities Also Named Gusher ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Gusher - it's located in Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Gusher.
Communities near Gusher ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Gusher.
- Vernal [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vernal
- Vernal [Uintah County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Gusher
- Estimated population in 2019: 10,438 people
- Former names for Vernal:
- The Bench
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vernal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vernal<5>
- Roosevelt [Duchesne County]
- Naples [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Naples
- Naples [Uintah County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Gusher
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,082 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Naples
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Naples<5>
- Ballard [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ballard
- Ballard [Uintah County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Gusher
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,093 people
- Former name for Ballard:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ballard
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Myton [Duchesne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Myton
- Myton [Duchesne County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Gusher
- Estimated population in 2019: 606 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Myton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Myton<5>
- Randlett [Uintah County]
- Bennett [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bennett
- Bennett [Uintah County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Gusher
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bennett
- Independence [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Independence
- Independence [Uintah County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Gusher
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Independence have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Lapoint [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lapoint
- Lapoint [Uintah County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Gusher
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lapoint have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lapoint
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lapoint<5>
- Tridell [Uintah County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Gusher. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Gusher.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Gusher. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Gusher.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Gusher. See our Newspapers Page for Gusher.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Gusher ...
Looking for more information about Gusher? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Gusher, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Gusher.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Utah
About Uintah County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gusher. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Uintah County: www.co.uintah.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Uintah, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Gusher - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Gusher). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Gusher or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gusher) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gusher. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gusher
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gusher. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.3019, Longitude: -109.8195
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|