Welcome to Unity ...
The town of Unity is 2,100 feet [640 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Unity lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Unity (for example, toward Hayter (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Unity: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Unity: S0K<3>
Websites for Unity ...
Official Website: www.townofunity.com/
Communities Also Named Unity ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 36 communities that are also named Unity - they are located in Alabama (3), Arkansas (3), Georgia (3), Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi (2), Missouri (2), Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina (2), Ohio (2), Oklahoma, Oregon (2), Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee (3), Texas (2), Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Unity.
Communities near Unity ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Unity.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scott
- Scott lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Unity
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Scott came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scott
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adanac
- Adanac lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Unity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adanac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reward
- Reward lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Unity
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Reward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reward
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Phippen
- Phippen lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Unity
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Phippen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Phippen
- Winter - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winter
- Winter was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Unity
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Winter. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Cut Knife
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilbert
- Wilbert lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Unity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilbert
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Senlac
- Senlac lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the west of Unity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Senlac
- Tramping Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tramping Lake
- Tramping Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Unity
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tramping Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Unity ...
Looking for more information about Unity? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Unity, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Unity.
Adding Unity to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Unity was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Unity on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Unity: www.townofunity.com/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Unity - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Unity). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Unity or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Unity) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Unity. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from UnityOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Unity. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4453, Longitude: -109.1565 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|