Curious and Interesting Names Near Shaunavon ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Admiral
- Admiral lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Admiral
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the east of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Climax
- Climax lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Climax
- Darlings Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darlings Beach
- Darlings Beach lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Shaunavon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darlings Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darlings Beach
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frenchville
- Frenchville lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the east of Shaunavon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frenchville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frenchville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frontier
- Frontier lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the south of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frontier
- Gull Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gull Lake
- Gull Lake lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Shaunavon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gull Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gull Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gull Lake<3>
- Scotsguard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotsguard
- Scotsguard was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Shaunavon
- Skull Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skull Creek
- Skull Creek lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Shaunavon
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Skull Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skull Creek
How Far From Shaunavon to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Shaunavon to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Shaunavon and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 176 miles [283.2 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Shaunavon to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,539 miles [2,476.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 61 days and walking would take 88 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,380 miles [10,267.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,149 miles [11,505.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,166 miles [8,313.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Shaunavon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Shaunavon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Shaunavon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ShaunavonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shaunavon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6504, Longitude: -108.4103 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Shaunavon to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.711 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.732 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.55 degrees.||