Welcome to Admiral ...
The village of Admiral is 2,750 feet [838 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Admiral is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Admiral lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you leave Admiral and travel south, you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Admiral: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Admiral: S0N<3>
Communities Also Named Admiral ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Admiral - they are located in Maryland, Oklahoma, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Admiral.
Communities near Admiral ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Admiral.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Simmie
- Simmie lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Simmie
- Darlings Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darlings Beach
- Darlings Beach lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Admiral
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darlings Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darlings Beach
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Scotsguard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotsguard
- Scotsguard was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Admiral
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Instow
- Instow lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Admiral
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Instow. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Instow
- Lac Pelletier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lac Pelletier
- Lac Pelletier lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lac Pelletier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vesper
- Vesper lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vesper
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blumenort
- Blumenort lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blumenort
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Admiral ...
Looking for more information about Admiral? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Admiral, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Admiral.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Admiral. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Admiral - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Admiral). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Admiral or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Admiral) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Admiral. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Admiral
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Admiral. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7141, Longitude: -108.0082
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|