Welcome to Simmie ...
Simmie is 2,940 feet [896 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Simmie is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Simmie lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Simmie: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Simmie: S0N<3>
Communities near Simmie ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Simmie.
- Gull Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gull Lake
- Gull Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Simmie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gull Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gull Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gull Lake<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Webb
- Webb lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Simmie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Webb came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Webb
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Admiral
- Admiral lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Simmie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Admiral
- Darlings Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darlings Beach
- Darlings Beach lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Simmie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darlings Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darlings Beach
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vesper
- Vesper lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Simmie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vesper
- Lac Pelletier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lac Pelletier
- Lac Pelletier lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Simmie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lac Pelletier
- Scotsguard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotsguard
- Scotsguard was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Simmie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blumenort
- Blumenort lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Simmie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blumenort
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Instow
- Instow lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Simmie
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Instow. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Instow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blumenhof
- Blumenhof lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Simmie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blumenhof
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Simmie ...
Looking for more information about Simmie? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Simmie, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Simmie.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Simmie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Simmie - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Simmie). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Simmie or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Simmie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Simmie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SimmieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Simmie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9444, Longitude: -108.1056 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|