Communities Also Named Admiral ...
We have found four communities that share the name Admiral.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Admiral is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, we know of another four communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Anne Arundel County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Maryland community of Admiral [Anne Arundel County].
- Tulsa County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Oklahoma community of Admiral [Tulsa County].
- Callahan County
- This Admiral is located in Callahan County and lies 1,283 miles [2,064.8 km]<3> to the south southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Admiral
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Callahan County community of Admiral.
- West Virginia
- Ritchie County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the West Virginia community of Admiral [Ritchie County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Admiral ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Valley
- Beaver Valley lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Admiral
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bracken
- Bracken lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<3> to the south of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bracken
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Climax
- Climax lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<3> to the southwest of Admiral
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Climax
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Darlings Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darlings Beach
- Darlings Beach lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Admiral
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darlings Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darlings Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frenchville
- Frenchville lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of Admiral
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frenchville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frenchville
- Gull Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gull Lake
- Gull Lake lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Admiral
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gull Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gull Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gull Lake<5>
- Scotsguard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotsguard
- Scotsguard was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Admiral
How Far From Admiral to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Admiral to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Admiral and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 158 miles [254.3 km]<3> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Admiral to Regina, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,521 miles [2,447.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 60 days and walking would take 87 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,367 miles [10,246.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,136 miles [11,484.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,151 miles [8,289.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Admiral. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Admiral, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Admiral could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Admiral) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Admiral. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Admiral
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Admiral. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7141, Longitude: -108.0082
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Admiral to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.397 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.379 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.285 degrees.||