Welcome to Shaunavon ...
The town of Shaunavon is 3,000 feet [914 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Shaunavon is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Shaunavon lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel south from Shaunavon, you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Shaunavon: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Shaunavon: S0N<3>
Adding Shaunavon to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Shaunavon was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Shaunavon on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Shaunavon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Shaunavon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Admiral
- Admiral lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Admiral
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dollard
- Dollard lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dollard
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Instow
- Instow lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Shaunavon
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Instow. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Instow
- Scotsguard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotsguard
- Scotsguard was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Shaunavon
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Klintonel
- Klintonel lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Klintonel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Simmie
- Simmie lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Simmie
- Skull Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skull Creek
- Skull Creek lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Shaunavon
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Skull Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skull Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carmichael
- Carmichael lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the north of Shaunavon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carmichael came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carmichael
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the east of Shaunavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Shaunavon ...
Looking for more information about Shaunavon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Shaunavon, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Shaunavon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Shaunavon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Shaunavon - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Shaunavon). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Shaunavon or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Shaunavon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Shaunavon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ShaunavonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shaunavon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6504, Longitude: -108.4103 |
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|