Curious and Interesting Names Near Qu'Appelle ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edenwold
- Edenwold lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Qu'Appelle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edenwold
- Emerald Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Emerald Park
- Emerald Park lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Qu'Appelle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Emerald Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Emerald Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Emerald Park<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Francis
- Francis lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Qu'Appelle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Francis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gray
- Gray lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Qu'Appelle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gray
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Indian Head
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lipton
- Lipton lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Qu'Appelle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lipton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lipton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Markinch
- Markinch lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Qu'Appelle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Markinch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Markinch
- Pilot Butte
- Sandy Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sandy Beach
- Sandy Beach lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Qu'Appelle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sandy Beach
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Qu'Appelle. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Wilma Pelly (Actress)
- Actress. She was born in Fort Qu'Appelle (Saskatchewan) on Friday March 5, 1937 and died in Calgary (Alberta) on Monday December 28, 2020 at the age of 83. We don't have any burial details.
- Fort Qu'Appelle is located 16 miles [25.7 km] to the north of Qu'Appelle.
How Far From Qu'Appelle to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Qu'Appelle to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Qu'Appelle and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could walk a straight line from Qu'Appelle to Regina, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just over a day.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,339 miles [2,154.9 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about three full days, a buggy would take 53 days and walking would take 76 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,221 miles [10,011.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,990 miles [11,249.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,984 miles [8,021 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Qu'Appelle. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Qu'Appelle) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Qu'Appelle. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Qu'AppelleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Qu'Appelle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.5333, Longitude: -103.8667 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Qu'Appelle to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.181 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.807 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 315.517 degrees.||