Welcome to Indian Head ...
The town of Indian Head is 1,920 feet [585 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Indian Head lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Indian Head: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Indian Head: S0G<3>
Adding Indian Head to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Indian Head was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Indian Head on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Indian Head ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Indian Head - they are located in Florida, Maryland, Newfoundland and Labrador and Pennsylvania (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Indian Head.
Communities near Indian Head ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Indian Head.
- Fort Qu'Appelle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Qu'Appelle
- Qu'Appelle lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Indian Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Qu'Appelle came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Qu'Appelle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Qu'Appelle<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Balcarres
- Balcarres lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Indian Head
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Balcarres
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vibank
- Vibank lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Indian Head
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vibank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McLean
- McLean lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Indian Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McLean came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McLean
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Odessa
- Odessa lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Indian Head
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Odessa
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lebret
- Lebret lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Indian Head
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lebret
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for B-Say-Tah
- B-Say-Tah lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Indian Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for B-Say-Tah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on B-Say-Tah
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Indian Head ...
Looking for more information about Indian Head? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Indian Head, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Indian Head.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Indian Head. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Indian Head - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Indian Head). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Indian Head or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Indian Head) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Indian Head. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Indian HeadOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Indian Head. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.5345, Longitude: -103.6676 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|