Welcome to Wolseley ...
The town of Wolseley is 1,960 feet [597 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Wolseley lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Wolseley: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Wolseley: S0G<3>
Adding Wolseley to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Wolseley was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Wolseley on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Wolseley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Wolseley - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Wolseley.
Communities near Wolseley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Wolseley.
- Indian Head
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montmartre
- Montmartre lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Wolseley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montmartre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenavon
- Glenavon lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Wolseley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenavon
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sintaluta
- Sintaluta lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Wolseley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sintaluta
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kendal
- Kendal lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Wolseley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kendal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Candiac
- Candiac lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Wolseley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Candiac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerberry
- Summerberry lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Wolseley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summerberry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summerberry
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moffat
- Moffat lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the south of Wolseley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moffat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wyley
- Wyley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Wolseley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wyley
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wolseley ...
Looking for more information about Wolseley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Wolseley, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Wolseley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wolseley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Wolseley - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Wolseley). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Wolseley or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Wolseley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wolseley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WolseleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wolseley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4236, Longitude: -103.2758 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|