Welcome to Glenavon ...
Time Zone: Glenavon lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Glenavon: (306) and (639)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Glenavon: S0G<2>
Communities near Glenavon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Glenavon.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montmartre
- Montmartre lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Glenavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montmartre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Windthorst
- Windthorst lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Glenavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Windthorst
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corning
- Corning lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Glenavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corning
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Candiac
- Candiac lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Glenavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Candiac
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peebles
- Peebles lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Glenavon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peebles came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peebles
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wyley
- Wyley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Glenavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wyley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moffat
- Moffat lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Glenavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moffat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huronville
- Huronville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Glenavon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huronville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Glenavon ...
Looking for more information about Glenavon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Glenavon, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Glenavon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Glenavon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Glenavon). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Glenavon or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Glenavon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Glenavon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GlenavonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glenavon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1968, Longitude: -103.1389 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|