Our Genealogy Helper for Major ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Major (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Major. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Major:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Major ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Major.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Major covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Major / District Cemetery
- Fusilier Cemetery
- St. Donatus South Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Donatus South Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Donatus South Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- St. Donatus South Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Major.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Donatus South Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2593406<3>
- Luseland Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Luseland Cemetery
- The Luseland Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Luseland.Stated another way, Luseland Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Major.
- Luseland Cemetery has also been known as:
- Luseland Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luseland Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2240347<3>
- Kerrobert Cemetery
- Salvador Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Mt. Carmel Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Loverna.Stated another way, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Major.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Altario Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Altario Cemetery
- Altario Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Major.
- Altario Cemetery has also been known as:
- Altario Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario Cemetery
- St. Peter's RC Cemetery
- St. Henry RC Old Cemetery
- Brethren In Christ Clearview Cemetery
- St. Elizabeth's RC Cemetery
- Flaxcombe Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Major. See our List of 1890's Communities around Major.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Major. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Major) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Major. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MajorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Major. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8742, Longitude: -109.6156 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|