Communities Also Named Burstall ...
We have found one communities that share the name Burstall.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Burstall is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Burstall in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Jefferson County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Alabama community of Burstall [Jefferson County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Burstall ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Estuary - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estuary
- Estuary was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Burstall
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Estuary. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Fox Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Valley
- Fox Valley lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Burstall
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Valley
- Golden Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Prairie
- Golden Prairie lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the south of Burstall
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Prairie
How Far From Burstall to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Burstall to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Burstall and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 232 miles [373.4 km]<2> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Burstall to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,604 miles [2,581.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,352 miles [10,222.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,121 miles [11,460.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,157 miles [8,299.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burstall. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Burstall could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Burstall) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burstall. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BurstallOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burstall. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6570, Longitude: -109.9059 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Burstall to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.911 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.195 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.321 degrees.||