Communities Also Named Alsike ...
We have found one communities that share the name Alsike.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Alsike is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Alsike in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Alsike lies 227 miles [365.3 km]<1> to the northwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alsike
Curious and Interesting Names Near Alsike ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cereal
- Cereal lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the west of Alsike
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cereal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cereal
- Estuary - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estuary
- Estuary was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Alsike
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Estuary. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Excel
- Excel lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the west of Alsike
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Excel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Excel
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flaxcombe
- Flaxcombe lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Alsike
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flaxcombe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flaxcombe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoosier
- Hoosier lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Alsike
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoosier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Alsike
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smiley
- Smiley lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Alsike
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smiley
How Far From Alsike to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Alsike to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Alsike and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 242 miles [389.5 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Alsike to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,608 miles [2,587.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,311 miles [10,156.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,080 miles [11,394.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,122 miles [8,243.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alsike. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alsike) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alsike. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.3667, Longitude: -109.9833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Alsike to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.982 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.343 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.242 degrees.||