Welcome to Lothian ...
Although we found mention of Lothian during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lothian was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lothian to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lothian, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lothian might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Lothian would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Lothian ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Lothian - they are located in Maryland and Saskatchewan.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lothian.
Communities near Lothian ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lothian.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingsbridge
- Kingsbridge lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Lothian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingsbridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsbridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mafeking
- Mafeking lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Lothian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mafeking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mafeking
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zion
- Zion lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Lothian
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zion
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belfast
- Belfast lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Lothian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belfast came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belfast
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crewe
- Crewe lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Lothian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crewe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crewe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Verdun
- Verdun lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Lothian
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Verdun came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Verdun
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lothian ...
Looking for more information about Lothian? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lothian, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lothian.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Lothian and then turned east". While Lothian could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lothian as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lothian could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lothian) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lothian. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lothian
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lothian. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9810, Longitude: -81.6337
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|