Welcome to Crewe ...
Although we found mention of Crewe during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Crewe was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Crewe to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Crewe, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Crewe might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Crewe would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Crewe ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Crewe - they are located in Manitoba and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Crewe.
Communities near Crewe ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Crewe.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belfast
- Belfast lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Crewe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belfast came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belfast
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kintail
- Kintail lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Crewe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kintail came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kintail
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lothian
- Lothian lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Crewe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lothian
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sheppardton
- Sheppardton lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Crewe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sheppardton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sheppardton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zion
- Zion lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Crewe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zion
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nile
- Nile lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Crewe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nile came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nile
- Saint Helens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Helens
- Saint Helens lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Crewe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Helens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saratoga
- Saratoga lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Crewe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saratoga came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saratoga
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Crewe ...
Looking for more information about Crewe? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Crewe, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Crewe.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Crewe and then turned east". While Crewe could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Crewe as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Crewe could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Crewe) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crewe. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Crewe
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crewe. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9008, Longitude: -81.6417
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|