Welcome to Belfast ...
Although we found mention of Belfast during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Belfast was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Belfast to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Belfast, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Belfast might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Belfast would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Belfast ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 26 communities that are also named Belfast - they are located in Arkansas, California (2), Georgia, Indiana, Iowa (2), Kansas (2), Maine, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio (4), Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Belfast.
Communities near Belfast ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Belfast.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crewe
- Crewe lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Belfast.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crewe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crewe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fordyce
- Fordyce lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Belfast.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fordyce came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fordyce
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lothian
- Lothian lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Belfast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lothian
- Saint Augustine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Belfast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Augustine
- Clover Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clover Valley
- Clover Valley lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Belfast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clover Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Donnybrook
- Donnybrook lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Belfast.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Donnybrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donnybrook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prosperity
- Prosperity lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Belfast.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prosperity came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prosperity
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Belfast ...
Looking for more information about Belfast? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Belfast, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Belfast.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Belfast and then turned east". While Belfast could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Belfast as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Belfast could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Belfast) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Belfast. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BelfastOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Belfast. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9181, Longitude: -81.5508 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|