Welcome to Mafeking ...
Although we found mention of Mafeking during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Mafeking was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Mafeking to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mafeking, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Mafeking might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Mafeking would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Mafeking ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Mafeking - it's located in Manitoba.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mafeking.
Communities near Mafeking ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Mafeking.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingsbridge
- Kingsbridge lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Mafeking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingsbridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsbridge
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lothian
- Lothian lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Mafeking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lothian
- Saint Helens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Helens
- Saint Helens lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Mafeking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Helens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kintail
- Kintail lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Mafeking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kintail came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kintail
- Port Albert
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Albert
- Port Albert lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Mafeking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Albert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Albert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Port Albert<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prosperity
- Prosperity lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Mafeking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prosperity came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prosperity
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Mafeking ...
Looking for more information about Mafeking? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Mafeking, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Mafeking.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Mafeking and then turned east". While Mafeking could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Mafeking as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Mafeking could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mafeking) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mafeking. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mafeking
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mafeking. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9142, Longitude: -81.6061
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|