Welcome to Ripley ...
Ripley is 810 feet [247 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Ripley lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Ripley: (519) & (226)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Ripley: N0G<3>
Communities Also Named Ripley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 21 communities that are also named Ripley - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana (2), Maine (2), Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ripley.
Communities near Ripley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ripley.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bervie
- Bervie lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bervie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lochalsh
- Lochalsh lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lochalsh
- Pine River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine River
- Pine River lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Ripley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pine River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine River
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Reids Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reids Corner
- Reids Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Ripley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Reids Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reids Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holyrood
- Holyrood lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holyrood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinlough
- Kinlough lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kinlough
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lothian
- Lothian lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lothian
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millarton
- Millarton lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millarton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armow
- Armow lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armow
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ripley ...
Looking for more information about Ripley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Ripley, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ripley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ripley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ripley - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Ripley, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ripley). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ripley or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ripley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ripley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ripley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ripley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0713, Longitude: -81.5783
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|