Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Saratoga.
Our newspaper information for Saratoga is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Saratoga. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Saratoga. Our list contains 53 papers that were published within 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> of Saratoga.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Saratoga.
Newspapers Neighboring Saratoga ...
The following newspapers were published within 11 miles [17.7 km] of Saratoga.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Saratoga.
- Published In Schuylerville ...
- Battle Ground Herald (from 1853)
- Saratoga County American (from 1857)
- Saratoga County Standard (from 1874)
- Schuylerville Herald, And Farmer's Advocate (from 1844)
- Schuylerville Herald (from 1844)
- Schuylerville Standard (from 1880)
- The Saratoga Communicator (from 1976)
- The Schuylerville News (from 1871)
- The Schuylerville Standard And Greenwich And Schuylerville Town Talk (from 1903)
- The Schuylerville Standard (from 1904)
- The Standard (from 1877)
- The Standard (from 1874)
- The Standard (from 1879)
- Published In Saratoga Springs ...
- We know of 49 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Saratoga Springs. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Saratoga Springs
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> of Saratoga. This extended list includes all the papers from Saratoga Springs. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Saratoga
- Published In Greenwich [Washington County] ...
- The Commonweal (from 1909)
- The Eagle (from 1845)
- The first year of publication was in 1845, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Eagle
- Holdings for: LCCN SN87070013
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 15715813
- The Greenwich Journal And Fort Edward Advertiser (from 1924)
- The Greenwich Journal And Salem Press (from 1969)
- The Greenwich Journal And Salem Press (from 2000)
- The Greenwich Journal (from 1896)
- The Greenwich Journal (from 1969)
- The Journal-Press (from 2013)
- The Journal-Press (from 1978)
- The People's Journal (from 1868)
- Union-Village Journal (from 1850)
- Washington County People's Journal (from 1854)
- Published In Ballston Spa ...
- We know of 38 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Ballston Spa. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Ballston Spa
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> of Saratoga. This extended list includes all the papers from Ballston Spa. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Saratoga
- Published In Mechanicville ...
- Daily Nozzle (from 190?)
- Mechanicville Saturday Mercury (from 1894)
- Mechanicville Times (from 1925)
- Morning Star (from 1854)
- The Daily Bulletin (from 1913)
- The Labor Flag (from 1905)
- The Mechanicville Era (from 1882)
- The Mechanicville Mercury (from 1883)
- The Mechanicville Star (from 1871)
- The Mechanicville Times (from 1872)
- The Mechanicville War Chest Daily (from 1918)
- Published In Round Lake ...
- Round Lake Enterprise (from 1896)
- Round Lake Season (from 1895)
- The Round Lake Journal (from 18??)
- Published In Schaghticoke [Rensselaer County] ...
- Schaghticoke Sun (from 1894)
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Saratoga. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Saratoga County: www.co.saratoga.ny.us/
The official website for State of New York: https://www.ny.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saratoga) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saratoga. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SaratogaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saratoga. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0654, Longitude: -73.6496 In this case, the coordinates for Saratoga have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|