Welcome to Tungstonia ...
So far, we have found very little information about Tungstonia. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Tungstonia to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Tungstonia, please Contact Us.
Tungstonia would have been located within present day White Pine County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Tungstonia, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Tungstonia is 7,640 feet [2,329 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Tungstonia is about 1½ mile [or ~2¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Tungstonia was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Tungstonia still existed, it would have been in the (775) area code.
Communities near Tungstonia ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tungstonia.
- Parker [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parker
- Parker [White Pine County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the northeast of Tungstonia
- Partoun [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Partoun
- Partoun [Juab County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the east of Tungstonia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Partoun
- Tippett [White Pine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tippett
- Tippett [White Pine County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northwest of Tungstonia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tippett have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tippett
- Gandy [Millard County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Goshute [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshute
- Goshute [Juab County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Tungstonia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goshute
- Trout Creek [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Creek
- Trout Creek [Juab County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the east of Tungstonia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Creek
- Aurum [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aurum
- Aurum [White Pine County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the west of Tungstonia
- Piermont [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Piermont
- Piermont [White Pine County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the southwest of Tungstonia
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Piermont. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Ruby Hill [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruby Hill
- Ruby Hill [White Pine County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the west of Tungstonia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ruby Hill have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ruby Hill has also been known as:
- Ibapah [Tooele County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Tungstonia. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Tungstonia.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Tungstonia. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Tungstonia.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Nevada
About White Pine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for White Pine County: www.co.white-pine.nv.us/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Tungstonia, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including White Pine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Tungstonia - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Tungstonia) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tungstonia. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Tungstonia
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tungstonia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.6574, Longitude: -114.1643 In this case, the coordinates for Tungstonia have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|