Welcome to Tippett ...
Although we found mention of Tippett during our research, we have little information about it.<1> Given the context of how Tippett was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Tippett to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Tippett, please Contact Us.
The location of Tippett has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Tippett is 5,690 feet [1,734 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Tippett is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Tippett might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
We believe that Tippett would be found within the (775) area code.
Adding Tippett to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
We originally found mention of Tippett in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, we also found mention of Tippett elsewhere: The earliest map where we found it was on a Map of the Lincoln Highway (1915-1916).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Tippett on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Tippett ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Tippett - it's located in Maryland.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Tippett.
Communities near Tippett ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tippett.
- Aurum [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aurum
- Aurum [White Pine County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Tippett
- Tungstonia [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tungstonia
- Tungstonia [White Pine County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Tippett
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tungstonia have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Parker [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parker
- Parker [White Pine County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Tippett
- Goshute [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshute
- Goshute [Juab County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Tippett
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goshute
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ruby Hill [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruby Hill
- Ruby Hill [White Pine County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Tippett
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ruby Hill have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ruby Hill has also been known as:
- Ibapah [Tooele County]
- Greens [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greens
- Greens [White Pine County] was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Tippett
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greens have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Cherry Creek [White Pine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherry Creek
- Cherry Creek [White Pine County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the west of Tippett
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cherry Creek
- Ferber Mining District [Elko County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferber Mining District
- Ferber Mining District [Elko County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Tippett
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Ferber Mining District. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Goshute [Elko County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshute
- Goshute [Elko County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Tippett
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goshute have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Goshute has also been known as:
- Goshiute Station
- Goshute Station
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Tippett. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Tippett.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Tippett. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Tippett.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Tippett ...
Looking for more information about Tippett? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Tippett, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Tippett.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Nevada
About White Pine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for White Pine County: www.co.white-pine.nv.us/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Tippett and then turned west". While Tippett could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Tippett as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Tippett could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Tippett - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Tippett) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tippett. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Tippett
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tippett. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.8685, Longitude: -114.3497 In this case, the coordinates for Tippett have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|