Welcome to Parker ...
So far, we have found very little information about Parker. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Parker to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Parker, please Contact Us.
Parker would have been located within present day White Pine County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Parker is 6,470 feet [1,972 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Parker is about 1¼ mile [or ~2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Parker was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Parker once stood is in the (775) area code.
Communities Also Named Parker ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 41 communities that are also named Parker - they are located in Alabama (4), Arizona (2), Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas (2), Michigan, Missouri (2), Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina (2), Oklahoma (2), Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), Quebec, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee (3), Texas (3), Utah, Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Parker.
Communities near Parker ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Parker.
- Tungstonia [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tungstonia
- Tungstonia [White Pine County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Parker
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tungstonia have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Partoun [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Partoun
- Partoun [Juab County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Parker
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Partoun
- Goshute [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshute
- Goshute [Juab County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Parker
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goshute
- Trout Creek [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Creek
- Trout Creek [Juab County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Parker
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Creek
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Tippett [White Pine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tippett
- Tippett [White Pine County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Parker
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tippett have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tippett
- Gandy [Millard County]
- Ibapah [Tooele County]
- Callao [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Callao
- Callao [Juab County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Parker
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Callao have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former name for Callao:
- Willow Springs
- Callao has also been known as:
- Willow Springs Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Callao
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Callao<6>
- Aurum [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aurum
- Aurum [White Pine County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Parker
- Piermont [White Pine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Piermont
- Piermont [White Pine County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Parker
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Piermont. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Parker. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Parker.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Parker. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Parker.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nevada
About White Pine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for White Pine County: www.co.white-pine.nv.us/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Parker, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including White Pine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Parker - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Parker) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Parker. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Parker
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parker. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.6998, Longitude: -114.0873
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|